Vibration in steering wheel & gas pedal? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Charger > Charger SRT-8
Reload this Page > Vibration in steering wheel & gas pedal?
Notices
Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Vibration in steering wheel & gas pedal?

Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 PM
lulug
Default Vibration in steering wheel & gas pedal?

Hi everyone, I am a new owner of a 2013 Charger SXT. I've had it for about 2 months, and I love it, except for some problems I've been having....

About 2 weeks after I got it, I had to bring it into service because of vibration issues - they balanced my tires and sent me on my way home. Problem didn't stop. Back to the dealer we went, this time, they realized that my tires were out of round (my car sat for a year after being manufactured, so they developed flat spots). They gave me new tires, and sent me on my way once again.

Now, instead of the insane vibration in the steering wheel and driver/passenger seat (from the bad tires), I have this constant vibration in the steering wheel and gas pedal. Almost as if you had a cell phone on vibrate in your hands & foot. I went for a ride with the service manager today, and he said it was some kind of resonance, but nothing to worry about. I called Dodge, they contacted the service manager, and he told them it is operating as normal. What is normal about this? I've never had any other car drive like this.

So now I have this new car that I don't even want to drive because seriously, the vibration drives me nuts. Has anyone else had this problem? I am so frustrated by this!

Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM
lulug

Egads, I managed to post this in the wrong spot! I'm such a noob.