Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

SRT8 Performance Question / Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
dfwsrt8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT8 Performance Question / Help

Hey all –

I am new to this forum but not to the performance world. I am switching from my Infiniti G35 over to the Charger SRT8 6.1L and need to ask a few questions. Currently I have a heavily modified G35 www.dfwg35.com and I am looking at doing some of the same things here. If anyone has any experience they can shed on these questions I would greatly appreciate..

1. What chips seem to be working best both tunable and performance wise.

2. Has anyone installed a SC on these cars and if so what make / model

3. Has anyone installed a dry / wet nitrous kit, if so what size and performance results have you been able to achieve

4. I plan on doing the standard exhaust and intake things but I am also interested in the factory exhaust verses something aftermarket. A few sites seem to have some options available but I was looking for some real world input.

Sorry for the long list of questions but any input is appreciated.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:57 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Default RE: SRT8 Performance Question / Help

I have a K&N CAI,Borla aggressive exhaust no ressys,and SC flaspaq Tuner on my 06 5.7Hemi Daytona.To my knowledge SC is the only one making a tuner,but I did hear that there is another one on the way.As of these mods I am happy with what I have gotten out of them.I should be within 15hp or so within the srt8 with these mods .I think ?

Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

I agree, Marty. I think we both are at the 400hp mark or so.

dave

Old 03-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Daytona RT
Professional

Wet pack milk bottle shouldn't be a problem, though I am told the TB spacer fitting could need to be carefully milled, there is not alot of room behind the throttle assembly..

GA Sports is offering a supercharger. I'm alittle leary myself.. I think its a generic/universal kit.. could take come specific mods for the installer. To date I've only found one TC opportunity.. that was in cali and took you sending your unit.. 7K and 2 months to mod & install.. Look down the sides and back and you can see why mods will take some doin.

I myself am focused on the trans.. will be taking it in for some mods to get an extra gear between 2 & 3.. make it hit harder and hold the pounds.. and bullet proof it for the level 3 mods to come..

Good luck out there..

Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 PM
06MNRT
Professional

ORIGINAL: dfwsrt8

Hey all –

I am new to this forum but not to the performance world. I am switching from my Infiniti G35 over to the Charger SRT8 6.1L and need to ask a few questions. Currently I have a heavily modified G35 www.dfwg35.com and I am looking at doing some of the same things here. If anyone has any experience they can shed on these questions I would greatly appreciate..

1. What chips seem to be working best both tunable and performance wise.

2. Has anyone installed a SC on these cars and if so what make / model

3. Has anyone installed a dry / wet nitrous kit, if so what size and performance results have you been able to achieve

4. I plan on doing the standard exhaust and intake things but I am also interested in the factory exhaust verses something aftermarket. A few sites seem to have some options available but I was looking for some real world input.

Sorry for the long list of questions but any input is appreciated.
I know this sounds kinda pissy, but that's not what I'm trying to convey: If you do a search on the forum for keywords supercharger, nitrous, exhaust, and tuner you'll get all your answers.

But, I'll help out anyway so you know I'm a nice guy.

1) Superchips Flashpaq tuner is the only real tuner out there. Some owners have had flawless tunes and seen major results. Some have had major issues. You should read lxforums to see all the info.

2) Superchargers are getting more popular. The main one is made by GSMotorsports. Some have had decent success, but at least two members I know destroyed their motors with it. I mean DESTROYED. It's not worth it really. $7k for the S/C and anywhere from $2k-$4k for labor, that's a ton of cash for something that so far has never actually performed to advertised specs.

3) If you want to destroy your motor then yes, there are nitrous kits available for the SRT8's. Good luck to ya, a 6.1 Hemi will be pricey to rebuild.

4) As far as exhaust goes there are a ton of great options. If you don't live in a snow area where there's salt on the roads, go for the system that offers the best sound, ZERO DRONE, and best performance gains... Zoomers. They do not offer it in stainless steel however so if you live in an area that salts the roads, pass on it. You can also do the Borla system or Flowmaster. All but the Zoomers have the possibility of giving you head-numbing drone though. What some people have done is simply cut off the resonators and add longer pipes. Less than $100 in most cases.

Quick Reply: SRT8 Performance Question / Help