Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Rotor Scoring?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
bmdmc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rotor Scoring?

I'm glad I am here, my rotors are badly scored with only 5K miles on the car. Anyone having tire balance problems?

Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
talisman
Veteran

If they have a TSB for the replacement of these rotors I'd drive the old ones as long and far as I could before getting them replaced. just don't let it get out of warranty. You get free rotors in the future when you NEED them.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 PM
nanamary

are they suppose to change pads to? my brakes have started squeling again[]

Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 PM
talisman
Veteran

I can't find the bulletin here in the Forum or online, but if there is a bulletin, and I'm pretty damn sure there is I can get it from work on Monday. Anytime you replace the rotors you should replace the pads also. I can't imagine Chrysler doing anything less. A brake squeal can be caused by simple brake dust build up too, try washing the wheels out real good inside and out to get the brake dust off and see if that takes care of it for a while,,,,,,,,,,,,until the dust build up causes a squeal again.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
bmdmc

Well now the barkes seem to be wearing out to. Car doesn't stop like it should, guess I better get it to the dealer for the brakes.

Bernie

Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 PM
jmazzacco

I brought my back for that aslo but the dealer told there was no fix. How do tell the difference from the old rotors to the new ones?

Old 11-24-2006, 09:44 PM
srt808

First off I'll like to say hi to all of you this site is very helpfull. Ok so I read about this thing a week ago so I brought it to the dealer today to have my slotted rottors put on. Service dept. manager says wow didnt know they had a recall so I say very nicely yeah try looking it up so he finds it and says "oh your right no prob I'll get it done should take a few hours". So in the mean time I'm chatting with the G.M he likes to talk about police stuff since I'm a cop so I bring up Did you know that the rims a different too the srt-8's that came with the slotted rotors have fully polished rims. Mine are polished but insides are painted like a gray finish "Any one of you folks ever noticed that" So he says really wait a sec so he comes back out and says to me I have a brand new set of the new rims beacause I put 22's on my srt do you wanna swap. i was in shock I said hell yeah so today i got front, back slotted rotors and the new fully polished with brand new rubber I'm so happy right now. So any one from hawaii I recomend checking out cutter dodge dillingham service dept is awsome along with the General manager. Btw Its an 06 charger srt-8

Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Mullens

Very simple. The new rotors have slots, the old ones are smooth. The slots are not drilled all the way through, they are just on the face of the rotor. Since I got mine, no scoring or squealing. Now if I can get that damn 1-2 shift problem corrected, I'll be in business!

Old 11-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Dartman69
Veteran

Yeah, I think all the '07s have the fully polished wheels. I know the Superbee does for sure. That is beyond cool that he swapped you like that.

So far though, these new rotors are performing 100% better. There is still a tiny amount of squeal when I get alot of dust build-up, but nothing I can't tolerate. Also, I have noticed small amounts of scoring, but nothing near as to what I experienced with the "unslotted" set.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:40 AM
06MNRT
Professional

Only the Super Bee has polished OEM wheels. All others you may see were custom done.

Quick Reply: Rotor Scoring?