Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

Our 1971 Demon...dialup, grab a sandwich.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Our 1971 Demon...dialup, grab a sandwich.

Its almost time for it to hit the streets with the baseline (of sorts) build..

The hood is just sitting on the hinges, which is why it doesnt fit right, and why there are no pins in the holes on the hood.

the interior is also a dirty...and the front end will be coming down a bit once the engine is done.

and a shot of the rear undercarriage.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Our 1971 Demon...dialup, grab a sandwich.

That car looks awesome!!!! I love it! But for the record it's a '72 body the trunklid is '72 and up (center line) and the marker lights are also '72 and up. Unless someone hung replacement QP's and '72 fenders...

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the fenders and QPs are not original (fronts are fiberglass, rears are new), but you are correct...it is a 72...i wanted to see if anyone would point anything out. it came with the 71 grille, and we both prefer it over the 72 grille (plus to replace it would do away with the "budget build" idea). i figured that someone would say "youve said before it was a 72"...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
CySlyde
Professional

Nice ride bad. still say that the 71 has the best grill that was put onto the 70's a bodies

Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I have A lot of goodies for Demons, I just parted out a 72' slant 6 car to get parts for my 71'. If your looking for something specific and I have it, I'll be happy to help if I can! Love the T/A hood, I was thinking of upgrading from my twin scoop stocker to one like yours. Now I know what it will look like!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i love the TA hood, although Im sure that the purists will shun me for using a challenger style hood on a demon...buti think that its cool because its different.

does anyone have any idea what the stock demon buckets are worth? i have a set that are in rough shape, but ive seen seats in similar seats at events for 100+, and I have someone bugging me about my beat up seats...and i dont have an idea of what to ask for them. when we got the car, we also got a 20 foot uhaul full of spare parts, as the guy who sold it to us stripped out several other a-bodies, so i have doors, fenders, glass, 2 sets of interior (although i cant figure out what one of them came out of), and i have boxes and boxes and boxes of chrome trim pieces which wont be going on this car...

how are the bumpers on your parts car? mine are solid, but pitted, and thats the one thing that i did not get multiples.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat with bumpers, both sets I have are dent free but need re chromed, I am going to go Fiberglass on the fromt and painted steel on the rear. On the buckets, I am not sure what their worth, I would start at 100$ and negociate down if you need to.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i was also thinking around 100 bucks...ifi dragged them to the nationals, i would probably get double that, but thats true with most of the stuff...

i have also thought about some fiberglass bumpers, but im hoping to get the car weighed the way that it is first, and get a few runs to see what it will do with what little we have into it...

Old 04-24-2008, 12:05 AM
mr340
Muscle Car Moderator

On the buckets, the tracks are actually worth more than the seats themselves for reasons i have yet to understand.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Looks good, Patrick- I'd say you got a pretty good buy overall on the car. Body looks real straight & solid, and I really like the T/A style scoop on the hood![sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Our 1971 Demon...dialup, grab a sandwich.