Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - Revamped

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
69_Dart_GT_Convertible
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - Revamped

So, I've got a 1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible that was originally a console shift, bucket seat, slant six car. Fun but I wanted more fun!

As of now I have a 69 318 with 22,000 original miles in it. I also have a 69 340 at the shop (which I'm probably going to sell).

What I really want to do is to make it a sweet old classic muscle car with all the modern stuff.

I am planning on putting a 6.1 Hemi (who can say no to 425+ HP and 20 mpg?) in it. Right now I'm just in the dreaming stage but once I save up enough, I'm going to do the swap.

My overall plan for the car is to drop in the 3G Hemi, put in power locks, power windows, a/c, updated suspension, etc.

This winter I am going to put in the a/c, and hopefully the power locks and windows (and probably trunk and hood as well). However, I can't seem to find a power window kit anywhere for it. I can find some for pre '67 Darts and post 69 Darts, but none for 67-69 Darts. Any ideas? I'd really like to get this done.

Any help, hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And as always, I'd love to talk MOPAR anytime (here in Idaho, when I go into a auto store, they laugh when I say mopar. I then laugh at them when they have one of 50 Novas at the auto show ).

Thanks!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
OSO
Professional

Originally Posted by 69_Dart_GT_Convertible
So, I've got a 1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible that was originally a console shift, bucket seat, slant six car. Fun but I wanted more fun!

As of now I have a 69 318 with 22,000 original miles in it. I also have a 69 340 at the shop (which I'm probably going to sell).

What I really want to do is to make it a sweet old classic muscle car with all the modern stuff.

I am planning on putting a 6.1 Hemi (who can say no to 425+ HP and 20 mpg?) in it. Right now I'm just in the dreaming stage but once I save up enough, I'm going to do the swap.

My overall plan for the car is to drop in the 3G Hemi, put in power locks, power windows, a/c, updated suspension, etc.

This winter I am going to put in the a/c, and hopefully the power locks and windows (and probably trunk and hood as well). However, I can't seem to find a power window kit anywhere for it. I can find some for pre '67 Darts and post 69 Darts, but none for 67-69 Darts. Any ideas? I'd really like to get this done.

Any help, hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And as always, I'd love to talk MOPAR anytime (here in Idaho, when I go into a auto store, they laugh when I say mopar. I then laugh at them when they have one of 50 Novas at the auto show ).

Thanks!!!

Should be a cool project you looking to just find a stock 6.1 or you going to build on it first? The Nag1 with paddle shifters on the steering wheel would make for a nice addition to the car. Figure about 8 grand for a low mile complete motor and trans and all electrical to do the swap. Should be fun, I wouldn't mind finding a GTX or something to drop my motor and trans off into.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Post some pictures of the Dart!
FF

Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
69_Dart_GT_Convertible
Default More Projects...

I'll try to get pictures as soon as I can...and as soon as I figure out how to...

Something else I forgot to mention was that I was wanting to replace all the front sheet metal (fenders, hood, bumper, grill, etc. ) with ones from a 70/71/72 Dart. I like the looks of those front ends best and I think it would look sweet on my convertible (and that it would make it even more unique). I don't think it should be too difficult to swap it all over.

I think I'm gonna leave the 6.1 pretty much stock (tho I have been toying with the idea of building it some...)

Rich

Quick Reply: 1969 Dodge Dart GT Convertible - Revamped