Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

radiator issues...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010 | 04:13 AM
beelzabuddy
|
Unhappy radiator issues...

hey guys, my radiator has a leak at the top seam. I plan on trying to salvage it or replace it with a new one, my a/c heat defrost were working great and this morning nothing. When I push the buttons to engage the a/c I can hear the unit trying to turn on but to no avail. If I replace the radiator, will this fix my a/c issue or does it sound like something else. I live in houston and its about to get ridiculously hot soooo.... any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks -Kevin

Old 05-16-2010 | 05:22 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo

I would look at a new radiator (or have a shop look at it) and maybe convert to an electric fan to help cool the coolant. Unless it is numbers matching , a new radiator with a reservoir (overspill) will help with cooling as air will not be able to get into the system and insulate the heat. Old cars usually purged excess colant onto the groung when hot, and sucked up air to replace the coolant once it cooled down. The reservoir will correct this and the system should run cooler for the A/C as well as your transmision fluid, oil and engine jackets,
FF

Old 05-18-2010 | 01:47 AM
beelzabuddy
|
Thumbs up

thanks since the radiator is original I'm going to the radiator shop in the morning to see if it can be cleaned and sealed if its not salvageable i'll replace it. Asfor the ac and heat I traced the wire to the fuse panel and found that it had detached from the box problem solved thankfully.

Old 05-18-2010 | 08:05 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo

Any pictures of the Dart?
FF

Old 05-24-2010 | 10:07 PM
beelzabuddy
|

heres some pictures ... since the last post I took my radiator to a radiator shop and got it cleaned resealed and coated, it looks brand new again, I also took it by a local auto interior shop to get some quotes on reupholstering the seats replacing the carpet and repairing a small spot in the headliner, looks like i'll be saving for a while, I'm thinkin about just finding some nice donor bench seats .... any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails radiator issues...-img00063.jpg   radiator issues...-img00064.jpg   radiator issues...-img00065.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010 | 08:46 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo

Lengendary Auto Interiors is a great source for the interior,
FF

Quick Reply: radiator issues...