Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

Need A Seat ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:12 PM
SirSlaughter357
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need A Seat ASAP!!!

Ok so I bought a 74 Dart Sport off of a guy back in February. They replaced the original front bench seat with 1 cheap ****ty racing bucket.

I'm looking to put a bench seat back in the front but honestly I'm kinda hitting a brick wall here. No one in my area that I've found thus far has an Original Dodge Dart front bench seat and I'm dead set on a bench seat I don't like buckets and I don't want buckets Half the reason i bought the car was because its roomy and comfortable (or would be more so with a cushiony spring frame seat).

I'm doing a semi-resto on it but I have no plans on restoring to original manufacture condition so honestly I don't even care about putting a same make/model/year seat in it I just need something thats going to fit dimensions wise.

All of the original mounting holes in the floor pan have been welded closed (by the dummies I bought it from) so I'll have to drill new ones anyways so it doesn't matter if the bracket will line up to the holes in the floor pan or not.

So my questions are:

-Does anyone know off hand what kind of cars I could pull a seat out of that would fit in a dart other than the obvious (Valiant, Duster).

-How would I take measurements to figure out how big of a bench seat I can fit in there (because I don't have any dimensions or model to go off of).

Also, if someone out there has a dart with a bench seat in the front, if they could take some measurements of that so I have a ball park range of an idea of whats going to fit when I go to the junkyard.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice I might receive.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:27 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

www.stephensperformance.com has acres of used cars that they part out.

Quick Reply: Need A Seat ASAP!!!