Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

Newbie here....looking for some direction...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Catch22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie here....looking for some direction...

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

That's a pretty clean car. Checked the auction; you shouldn't have any problem selling it. Nica and original- hard to find one in that condition anymore!

Thanks! I didn't think I would have problems selling it, but I'll admit that it's current price has already exceeded my expectations. Now, it's Wednesday morning, and there have been no more bids made since Monday afternoon, but I'm not worried. If there are any more bids on it, they most likely won't come in until late in the day on Friday, closer to the end of the auction.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:16 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad that eBay still had the photos up even today. It was a good look even waiting at 56k dial up.

Catch22, you're gramdmother had good taste! The pastel powder blue makes the chrome balanced.

That engine fire-wall is nearly mint for the age. Just a bunch of dirt and dust from typical driving.

My 1978 Volare had the super slant six 225 that nearly looked identical to this motor except it had this ugly EGR wacky thing sticking up over the engine.

The slant six is problally the easiest engine in the world to work on. My dad and I learned a lot from our earlier Dusters and Valants. I've owned three Dusters and two Volare's. To bad they rusted away and I was a young college guy without two dimes to rub together.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Catch22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Stev,
Thanks for the msg. Yes, my grandmother LOVED her Dart. She was thrilled to see me drive it when she no longer could.

Sadly, storage became an issue for me, and for a multitude of other reasons, I simply had to sell the car. I never dreamed I would get $4,712 for it, but I think that it's going to a good home.

It will most likely get worked over and have things replaced, but that's life in the world of classic cars.

Quick Reply: Newbie here....looking for some direction...