Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

93 Dodge Duster

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Ladymustang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Dodge Duster

Hey all, I have a problem that I need help with. I have a 93 Dodge Duster with a 2.2 engine, the head on this engine cracked so I had to replace it. The people I bought my new head from told me that a 2.5 head would work on the 2.2 engine. I installed the 2.5 head with valves on the 2.2 block. It worked for a few months then I started to get a top end knock. The oil light keeps coming on, along with the knocking. Can anyone tell me if the 2.5 will work on the 2.2 and what I need to do to get the "knocking" out of it. Thanks LadyMustang

Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
1fstsrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 93 Dodge Duster

first of all was the crack between the valve seat's .if yes this is normal and chry has sent a tsb to dealers about this problem years ago.and there sould be no problem with installing a 2.5 cly head on a 2.2 .it sounds like your loosing oil presure and the lifers and or rods are knoking .install a mech oil presure gauge to confirm if your loosing oil pressure .

Quick Reply: 93 Dodge Duster