Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Park lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Diesel Power
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park lights staying on

I have a 2004 Dodge 3500 4X4 that is cummins powered. I am having a problem with the parking lights staying on after the truck is shut off. If you remove relay 78 (Parking light relay) in the fuse box the lights go out, but as soon as you plug it in the lights come right back on, and the same with a new relay. I have read up on the forwared control module (FCM) and the power distribution module (PDM - fuse box) which are both involved. I checked and cleaned the plugs which was mentioned by a Dodge dealership to both but still the same problem. I was wondering if someone out there knows how to test to varify the problem so I do not waste money on the wrong part. Or if someone has knowledge of this problem and how it is solved. Thanks

Last edited by Diesel Power; 02-08-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same problem with my 2005 RAM QUAD Hemi, I looked at a lot of the forums and I changed the headlights switch, relay, pulled the FCM not any of these issues. Aiming towards the PDC (fuse box) hate to pay the money and it's not that. Did you have any luck on solving your issue, I see you didn't get any help.

Changed the headlight switch
Switched the relays worked ok
Pulled the FCM lights stayed on I'm told they would have gone of it was the FCM

Anyone have anything else.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Park lights staying on