Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

P1757 Code on Odometer but not OBD II Scanner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Scuba Sam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool P1757 Code on Odometer but not OBD II Scanner

I have an 05 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 diesel with 196,000 miles on her. I completed a complete rebuilt of the transmission to include replacing the Governer Pressure Selonoid, Pressure Transducer, and OD Selonoid. All gears are shifting fine. I just hauled a heavy (not out of towning range) trailer to Texas from CO and the tranny works fine.

After about 400 miles on the new tranny heading to Texas, an interesting sound developed that I've never heard before. It sounded like the high powered drying fans from a car wash kicked on. The pitch would increase and decrease without any predictable rythym. No increase of RPM showed on tac and speedometer held steady on set speed. The sound would come and go with no affect on engine or tranny performance.

The check engine lite came on and I my OBD II scanner got a P1750 code which I beleive is the TVV sensor circuit is reading high. It also threw a P0643 code which I believe is a high voltage reading in the #2 sensor supply circuit. I'm not sure which circuit but I'm thinking that might be the fan clutch because when I checked the odometer codes it showed a P0480 and a P1757. P0480 has to do with the fan clutch and P1757 is a high pressure reading at the Pressure Govenor.

Checked all fuses and connections. No blown fuses and all connections seem to be OK. I erased the 0643 and 1750 code with my scanner and check engine lite whent out and has not returned. Scanner won't erase odometer code. Not sure how to do that.

I drove a total of 1400 miles after the noise started and check engine lite came on. Everything is shifting in the trannyand all gauges are running in normal operating ranges. It's just the noise is baffeling and I'm not sure what is causing it or where it is originating from. Cannot get the sound from idle or reving enginge. Just seems to happen at speed (around 60 mph and higher) and intermittent.

Everything on the truck is stock, no chipping, boosters, scanners. Tranny oil is clean with no burnt smell. No hard shifting, slipping, or gear searching.

Anyone ever hear this sort of noise and have an idea what is causing it and what I need to look for?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Quick Reply: P1757 Code on Odometer but not OBD II Scanner