Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Interesting hauling observation

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:32 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting hauling observation

My buddy and I haul with 2500's, he a SC/LB 2wd and me with a EC/SB 4wd. We went to pick up our vehicles from an auction, pulled in w/trailers in tow and had to circle a Ram 3500 cab & chassis with a 3 car elevated hauler. He seemed busy (his young wife was sleeping) as he was hooking up. The truck was all rigged up with just a gooseneck and he was working tooling out of his crew cab rear bay. The sign on the side was just a small time transport company, but it was obvious he had no intentions for a bed of any sort (just a transporter). It was a nice looking cab and chassis, it just looked odd.

Makes me wonder about previous bed damage he's had and gave up on
having one, (or he was waiting on one to get repaired). The whole setup
looked permanent and he had his DOT numbers displayed. Perhaps he just
didn't see a need for a bed (I just never gave it much thought).

Before we left, there were several more 3500 Rams and we did not see any other brands hauling this A.M.. Todays observations clearly have shown me the brand to haul with (Cummins) for the open road. By the way, he was using wheels straps we have on order (sure looked easier). K.

Last edited by tincan57; 12-18-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: specify
Old 12-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothin beats a cummins for hauling

Quick Reply: Interesting hauling observation