Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Question on delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 AM
GolfcartCowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on delete

Hi Fellows I'm new to the diesel world and I have a question on a egr cooler delete I just did on my 2009 6.7 cumin's.Yesterday I decided to go and spray some water on the bolts and around the front and back plate covers where the egr cooler bolted to the manifold.I used the kit that sinister diesel sold that took about 40 to 45 pounds of metal of the top of the engine.After spraying a lot of water on the covers and manifold bolts I saw some bubbling around the front of the gasket on the back plate and what was strange I saw some bubbling on top of the nuts around the stud threads that bolt the plates to the manifold.I can't tell for sure that it is a manifold leak but I think it may be.I'm getting no codes yet and it does not seem to be doing any harm but I can't tell.It is such a very small leak if that is what it is that you do have to spray water on it to tell.So my question is should this cause any damage or if it is a small leak will it kinda seal with carbon build up over time.Any feedback on this would be very welcome.

Thanks....Cowboy....

Last edited by GolfcartCowboy; 08-08-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:23 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it's not just boiling the water? The exhaust on that truck will run between 300-1500 degrees.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:09 AM
GolfcartCowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I am not sure of that since it is some very Tiny Tiny bubbling.I did reuse the metal gaskets that were there with the cooler Because sinister did not supply any with their kit,They said new ones were not required.That is why I checked a few days ago with a water bottle sprayer and saw either tiny water bubbles between the the plates and gaskets and also between the nuts and stud threads that bolt the plates and the old cooler that was there.I worry about things like that because I'm not sure if it is a leak or just the water spray heating up and if it is a small leak what kind of damage it may cause.
Thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply: Question on delete