Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cruise control issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Jakeldavis84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control issue.

Ok, I've hunted and hunted and researched with no luck so far. Here goes. I have a 2006 ram 2500 cummins. My cruise control will not activate. It is not controlled by vacuum. It is all electrical. By using a snap Solus ultra computer I have found out why the cruise will not allow itself to activate. The cruise light comes on and is receiving commands but is ignoring them because it is being told that "brake switch #2" is being pressed. I replaced the brake switch behind the brake pedal because a dodge dealership told me brake switch 1 and 2 are in the same component but use different signal wires. Yes I replaced the switch correctly by installing it before I released the little lever. I have even replaced it a second time to make sure I did not get a faulty switch. Is the dealership telling me the wrong information about where "brake switch 2" is located or am I missing something. Thanks for any help.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember and have time tomorrow, I'll pull up a schematic and see what your other possible issues are. Could be a shorted wire between the brake switch and wherever the wires go.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Jakeldavis84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome. Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Cruise control issue.