Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Shudder issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 PM
BookemDano
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shudder issues

Hey all

I just bought a 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. I haven't had it more than a month and have issues with the trans. At 25, 30, 35 and 40 MPh. I get a shudder like it's hunting for gears. It's really bad and you can hear the gears grinding and slamming. It drives great on the highway but shakes and shudders bad around town. Anyone ever heard of this? The dealership had it and couldn't fix it. A case is now open with corporate and now the dealership wants a second look. Reprogramming didn't help.....

Old 10-31-2014, 11:48 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At those speeds what gears are you in? What RPM is the engine turning?

My 08 didn't make grinding noises but it lugged the hell out of the engine at slower speeds because it shifted up way too early (fuel economy programming?). 6th gear by about 40 mph was ridiculous.

When I swapped out the transmission program for the H&S Overdrive, it drove SO much better. With the stock setup I manually locked it out of 5th and 6th gears until I got on the highway.

Does your local dealer have a good transmission tech? Where are you located?

Quick Reply: Shudder issues