Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Stepping over from Hemi to Cummins!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 AM
jbird720
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stepping over from Hemi to Cummins!

My new baby!
I've had an 05 1500 Hemi for 6 years and today happen to be the day I traded her in. While it was very emotional. We had been through so much together but it was time..... the replacement....
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 w/ 6.7L!
while I was apprehensive going with the 6.7; I've read enough to know she'll need some deletes. She's currently all original and stock which I love. Open to all suggestions and guidance on delete kits and tuners!

Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 AM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

you've acquired a very nice truck

Old 02-26-2017, 08:02 PM
paul2110

I don't know much about the delete kits or even the 6.7. Asked a question here in a post and haven't gotten any feedback what-so-ever yet so I just went out on a limb and purchased it. Any way its a 2012 with the Delete already done using the H&H MinniMaxx tuner. I haven't had it long but have been able to easily understand and work with the tuner. I have test driven a stock unit as well and can clearly see the difference between stock and tuned and am very pleased with the tuner as is. I netted close to 30MPG taking an easy highway ride and am bouncing between 15 and twenty on the back roads around my area, going up the mountain pass the truck pulls like a freight train and is the first one I ever owned that can get into High gear and stay there starting right from the foot of the mountain.
So to ensure you don't end up like me with no information at all the MinniMaxx so far works great and is easy to use.

By the way if your not a seat belt user like me it lets you turn off the aggravating chime/warning it does not take away the screen prompt that keeps showing when you slow down at a stop or red light but that's not a problem

I hope you enjoy the new truck!

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 PM
relrobber

I made the switch to CTD last year, and am loving it! Congrats!

Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Matt LaClear

Originally Posted by jbird720
My new baby!
I've had an 05 1500 Hemi for 6 years and today happen to be the day I traded her in. While it was very emotional. We had been through so much together but it was time..... the replacement....
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 w/ 6.7L!
while I was apprehensive going with the 6.7; I've read enough to know she'll need some deletes. She's currently all original and stock which I love. Open to all suggestions and guidance on delete kits and tuners!
Now that's a truck. Check Amazon.com for the delete kits, you have options available to you that will be kind to your pocketbook.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Brummo
Captain

I'm am in the process this week of converting to a Cummins.....

Search this Thread