Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Michelin Edgeliner Initial Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Michelin Edgeliner Initial Review

Custom fit floor mats are beginning to take over the industry by storm. Although you can still go to Wally World, Target or any auto parts store and purchase generic floor mats for basic protection on the cheap, many people are opting for extra protection and a custom fit designed 100% for their vehicle.

I recently received a set of Edgeliner mats from Michelin for my review. Today I'm gong to start with my initial thoughts on the product fresh out of the box and installation in my 2014 Ram 2500.

Initial feel is that these are a bit thicker than competitors mats in this segment from vendors such as Weathertec, Husky, etc. A bit sturdier feel to them. One thing I also like is the "lip" isn't quite as high as the Weathertec mats. While this may contain a bit more liquid from snow, spills, etc. I always find myself catching my foot on the lip and lifting it while getting up into my truck. SI've noticed shorter passengers almost always catch the lip to some degree on the Weathertac mats. The edge height and design of the Michelin Edgeliners do not seen to have this issue.

A couple of pics taken right after installation:

Driver Front

Rear

Passenger Front

I'll follow with another post as I beat on them a bit...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 04-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.