Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

99 dodge 3500 dying

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Austin Walker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 dodge 3500 dying

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a 99 dodge cummins 3500 4x4. Here is what has been done to it, new batters, new alturnater, relocated black,yellow wire away from alternater so no more Interference also added extra grounds around the truck to help, new apps, ddrp lift pump on block of motor, upgreaded biger fuel line to tank with draw straw, new fuel injectors, banks monster air ram, 5in s&b air box to turbo, 4in exhaust, quadzilla xzt chip with boost fooler.

Ok so 2 times so far while driving at slow speed my truck has accelerated on its own, while that happens i put it in neutral and than the truck will die. It wont start untill it wants to. The 1st time it happened it was a hole day befor it would start and the 2nd time was 5 minutes. My fuel pressure at a idle is at 18 to 20 and never under 11 psi while driving (thats befor vp44). I have not replaced the vp44 yet not sure if it has ever been replaced with previous owners. The truck is at 220000 miles. I dont get any codes while this happens, iv tryed turning the key 3 times to see if any are there or use my code reader and nothing.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Austin

Last edited by Austin Walker; 10-27-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 99 dodge 3500 dying