Notices
DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Blower Motor Resistor for a 2001-2006 Stratus Sedan by InfraredMonkey

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blower Motor Resistor for a 2001-2006 Stratus Sedan by InfraredMonkey

2001-Present Dodge Stratus vehicles have a very common issue with either the blower motor or the blower motor resistor. This article is going to go over the location, what part is needed, and easy steps to complete a simple repair.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with this DYI repair. I'm simply helping you to do it, if you are not able to perform this repair DO NOT ATTEMPT. Go to your mechanic or your closest Dodge dealership to perform the repair.

---------------------------
Tools needed:
8mm socket
22mm socket
1/4in socket wrench and/or extention
Standard screwdriver
Dremel set or common household knife
Flashlight or droplight
---------------------------

1. Get tools ready, prepare with 22mm socket in hand

2. Open car door, pop open glovebox. Grab each side and push in, then pull down to release top portion, exposing the rubber stops.

3. Twist and turn until bottom hinges of glovebox releases, set glovebox aside.

4. Look under the dash to see the felt cover, with a flashlight, spot a nut about middle right of the felt. The small nut is about 22mm in size.

5. Remove nut and drop the felt cover, it's very bendable, but be careful not to break or tear it. Set the cover aside.

6. Crawl down and onto your back, using the flashlight, take a look around the bottom of the HVAC unit and look for a harness that has 5 wires coming out of it. Look for a bolt on the bottom right and a bolt on the top left. Take the 8mm socket and remove the bolts, set them aside.

7. Gently pull out the resistor with harness intact.

8. To remove the harness, take the standard screwdriver and wedge it between the red clip and resistor. Pull until the red clip is clear from the resistor.

9. By now, you should notice that the resistor itself is really skinny versus what you get from the dealership. Don't be alarmed. You need to crawl back and take a look at the insert. You should notice that it's very small, comparing to the new resistor. The hole can be cut with a Dremel or as I did, a knife. Don't worry, the plastic is very cheap and easy to break.

10. Reinsert the resistor to in sure fit, the replace the bolts.

11. Return the felt cover back, then glovebox and, test blower, if nothing has happened differently, go to your mechanic or dealership and check if the blower motor maybe at fault.

Congratualations, you have repaired your resistor easily. If you have any problems during repair, feel free to PM me anytime. I will try to respond as fast as possible.

DodgeStratus

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Resistor for a 2001-2006 Stratus Sedan by InfraredMonkey