Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

HELP...! With my DODGE AVENGER 2009

Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Pinky_Avenger2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP...! With my DODGE AVENGER 2009

I purchased this car (Dodge Avenger 2009) one year ago (pre-owned), during the test drive I noticed that any time that I stepped on the brakes they would make a "screeching" sound, the salesman said it was because the brakes were brand new, he said it was nothing to worry about.

Well it has been one year since then, and the screeching is still there, sometimes is low, but sometimes is really loud and it's annoying the heck out of me, every single time I step on those breaks I have to here that "eeeeeeeeeeee" noise, I took the car back to the dealership and they told me the brakes were "glazed"...? Whatever that means they told me it was gonna cost me $300 dollars to fix them. But I don't even trust them, I don't know if they're telling me the truth, anybody has any ideas of what the noise can be? anyone else with the same problem? Please help..... Thanks

Old 12-23-2017, 02:24 AM
stacy turner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vould be serpentine belt and or idler pulley and pensioner

Old 12-23-2017, 09:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky_Avenger2009
I purchased this car (Dodge Avenger 2009) one year ago (pre-owned), during the test drive I noticed that any time that I stepped on the brakes they would make a "screeching" sound, the salesman said it was because the brakes were brand new, he said it was nothing to worry about.

Well it has been one year since then, and the screeching is still there, sometimes is low, but sometimes is really loud and it's annoying the heck out of me, every single time I step on those breaks I have to here that "eeeeeeeeeeee" noise, I took the car back to the dealership and they told me the brakes were "glazed"...? Whatever that means they told me it was gonna cost me $300 dollars to fix them. But I don't even trust them, I don't know if they're telling me the truth, anybody has any ideas of what the noise can be? anyone else with the same problem? Please help..... Thanks
If it only happens when braking, you can rule out a belt or tensioner issue. Take it to a brake shop for an inspection. Or, brake pads are cheap and easy to replace. Install some new ones and have your rotors turned as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP...! With my DODGE AVENGER 2009