Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

fuel, spark, mechanical timing yet no spark???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011 | 06:20 PM
tommyb13662
|
Default fuel, spark, mechanical timing yet no spark???

So the issue with my friends car is this. he came home shut it off next morning cranked but no start.

So i came over and it was flooded. waited until the cylinders were clear then i cranked it no start. So i checked spark and it was sparking. but it looked weak to me so we got a coil from the junkyard and its better. still no start. so i cleared the cylinders with a propane torch and tried to start with starting fluid after i disabled the fuel pump in case he had bad gas. still no start. so i thought it was mechanical timing perhaps since it is a belt, mechanically it is dead on....

so back to the junk yard i got 4 cam sensors and 5 crank sensors we get spark with all sensors from each plug. yet still no start with any setup.......

so in theory we have spark, fuel, and timing = it should be running any advice????? lol i thought i was knowledgeable until this >.<

thanks in advance

Old 11-21-2011 | 06:44 PM
tommyb13662
|

Right sorry i forgot the important stuff this just has me confused at the moment.

98 avenger, 2.0l, stick shift around 200 thousand miles.

Quick Reply: fuel, spark, mechanical timing yet no spark???