Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017 | 06:15 AM
fjamison
|
Default Fuel gauge

I have a 2009 Avenger that after a routine oil change at the local Dodge dealer I noticed the gauge read empty and the fuel light was on. Filled with gas and still read empty and light on. Changed fuel pump twice, nothing. Preformed the instrument cluster test...all gauges worked. Finally took it to Dodge and after 3 days they had to call Detroit. They said there is a signal from the pump to the computer but didnt know if it was the computer ($800) or the instrument cluster ($600). Detroit advised the computer first, the Dodge dealer advised the instrument cluster first. I purchased a used cluster on line ($80), plugged the used cluster in, worked perfect!! Turned the car off, unplugged the cluster to switch out the lens cover (the one i bought used was scratched) put it back and now....gas gauge out again and gas light on!!! WTF? any ideas??? Checked the best I could for broken or loose wires but difficult at the least. Cant see almost $2000 for fix at dealer, heck thats almost half the value of the car.