Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

Can I replace air bags off one Avenger and put it into another?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Skyler Turner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Can I replace air bags off one Avenger and put it into another?

So, about half a year ago a truck slammed on its brakes in front of me and I hit them going pretty fast and the impact caused the driver and passenger air bags to come out. (2009 Dodge Avenger 2.4) I hit his hitch so It did not put a scratch on the truck but it messed up basically the whole front end of my car including the radiator support and main bumper. The passenger airbag spider-cracked my whole windshield as a part of this and my seatbelts are completely disfuntional. The car runs and drives great but I can not drive it obviously. I came to this forum to ask if I should buy a parts car, essentially one that has a decent body and hasn’t been wrecked and replace everything including the airbags, all body work, and impact sensors. Is this possible and could it be done? To add in, in about a year or two I have a guy with a 2008 2.4 that said he would sell to me once he got another car. What do y’all think?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yes it can be done.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:57 AM
hichamaziz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you it can be done.

Quick Reply: Can I replace air bags off one Avenger and put it into another?