Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

1998 dodge avenger problem need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2019 | 11:39 PM
rletendre
|
Question 1998 dodge avenger problem need help.

Hello, so i have a 1998 dodge avenger 2.5l v6 with the automatic transmission. So the problems i'm having with this vehicle are, first it starts fine when cold, but after it gets warmed up and sits for about 10 minutes or so i have to crank the engine over at least 3 times before it starts again, also stalls if i slam on the brakes hard. 2nd problem is when i hold the accelerator pedal down at 2,000 rpms the engine starts to have a random misfire code triggered, it also triggers randomly while driving. it does shift fine through all the gears, also at idle the cars rpms bounces from around 800 to 700 constantly. Things i have done already. I did a compression and leak down test, all cylinders where at around 150 psi 1 or 2 pounds off nothing dramatic. I replaced the distributor, spark plugs, plug wires, iac valve, throttle body, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor, throttle body gasket, new oem injectors, new fuel pump, new original oem exaust system cats and all with new 02 sensors and gaskets, timing belt, tensioners and water pump.I also checked for vacuum leaks and didn't find any. So not too sure what could be causing the weird idle and random misfires and stalling when slamming on the brakes? any help would greatly be appreciated.

Quick Reply: 1998 dodge avenger problem need help.