Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

Electrical? TIPM? Computer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 08:16 PM
Hhicks89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical? TIPM? Computer?

Monday night the horn started blowing randomly. Don't know if it did it while I was at work but was definitely blowing when I walked out. Seems to be the TIPM (fuse box under the hood) which was recalled in 2013. Not sure if the one on my car has been replaced. I've only owned it for 1.5 years.Barely touching that fus box would cause horn to blow.When I picked my kids up the check engine light came on and my car ran very sluggish in the 3 mile trip home. 3 codes, all the same. P0365- Crankshaft Positioning SensorCar wouldn't start after I turned it off so my dad drove an hour to me to check things out. While waiting on him, I tried again, it started. Dad disconnected the fuse box, all wires and plugs look great. Switched all relays to different locations. Disconnected battery cables and hooked them back up, making sure they were tight. Turned key to ACC. Waited 12 seconds, Turned off switch and then TRIED to start the car. (All of this to do hard reset) Car wouldn't start. Not even hooked to cables.
Yesterday, Took battery to be tested and negative post was reading as a positive. Bought a new battery and everything seemed smooth sailing. No check engine light, everything worked great. Picked my kids up this evening and my AC turned off twice. Came out of Dollar general and it won't run. It starts but seems like it isn't getting gas. It just dies.
I have Read that people have replaced the TIPM and still had the same problem. Does anyone have any input, ideas or experience? It's my only vehicle and I have 2 toddlers and one is scheduled for surgery next Friday.

Quick Reply: Electrical? TIPM? Computer?