Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

What do you all think of your caliber?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
02wrangler
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you all think of your caliber?

I currently have an 05 dakota, but I am going to trade it in for a 07 caliber sxt. I was just wondering what you all thought of your caliber. Good? Bad?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Jib01
Default RE: What do you all think of your caliber?

I love it.... I am thinking of trying to find a used AWD one and trading in my 96 Dodge Pickup. It has been fine and driving it carefully will give you good gas mileage. Even my wife likes the car.

Regards
Jib01

Old 06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
hmjwright

I have an 07 Caliber with 34000km on itand I love it. I bought it in Dec. 06 and haven't had any problems yet. I find it to be really great on gas too. I have the 2.0 and get approx. 550km to a tank, and as of now withgas prices at 1.3CAD costs $50 to fill. The only thing that I'm not to fond of is the interior panels. Very cheap plastic look compared to others in the same class. Other than that its a great car that I plan on keeping for atleast 7 years, if nothing extreme happens!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
hambone1983

2007 Caliber RT AWD with 2.4L CVT2 tranny. I get between 27 - 29ish mpg and sometimes on a good day 30 on the highway straight doing 70 mpg. Surprising isn't it but anyways gas mileage is the only pro on this vehicle. The worst ever vehicle I drove, even a cheap hyundai is built better than this garbage. Plastic all over, rattles from every corner, has been to the dealer more than 5 times for several rattle concerns but no fix. All plastic and not decent but cheap plastic. Mine came equipped w/ the music gate and boston acoustic system, no point in turning the music up and bass up high, it feels likt the vehicle will crack someday cuz of the bass, hah.
Under 33k miles, already replaced all 4 struts due to faulty squeaky and hard ride. Tires were replaced since firestones sucked. The ride is horrible, too much road noise and wind noise, I'd rather ride in a rickshaw in an asian country and would be better off. jeesh sorry for the ramble, but I don't feel my money was well spent so I am going to trade it in for something quieter and reliable and not a plastic box.. Absolutely don't feel safe in it. This is my 2 cents buddy - thanks.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
litesong
Rookie

ORIGINAL: hambone1983

2007 Caliber RT AWD with 2.4L CVT2 tranny. I get between 27 - 29ish mpg and sometimes on a good day 30 on the highway straight doing 70 mpg. only pro on this vehicle. The worst ever vehicle I drove, even a cheap hyundai is built better than this garbage. Plastic all over, rattles from every corner, All plastic and not decent but cheap plastic. Under 33k miles, already replaced all 4 struts due to faulty squeaky and hard ride. too much road noise and wind noise. Absolutely don't feel safe in it.
My SE Caliber AVERAGES 31.4 MPG; 35.6 MPG is my highway high. Even 280HP SRT4 Calibers can get better than your MPG.

Actually, my wife's Hyundai Accent & my Dodge Caliber are 100% functional w/no squeaks, creaks, or rattles. Since you have replaced struts & tires already, I suspect you are driving hard & over 70+MPH. I also suspect your quoted 27-29-30MPG is only your top. Your average MPG is below those numbers, showing your hard driving too.

After you get rid of your Caliber, go get a Hyundai Accent. I just got 45MPG going through a low mountain pass arriving back at my beginning near sea level...the one with no squeaks, creaks or rattles.

The Caliber plastics, which you knew before you bought,are hard. The only problem I have is for my left elbow & a pad takes care of that.

The Caliber is safe. In numerous accidents, the Caliber has held up well. The reason you do not feel safe is you drive too fast.

Caliber rides nice. Again, your ride is horrible because you drive too fast.

Last edited by litesong; 08-07-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
renoboy

I love my Caliber R/T! its that blue with the two tone color -key inserts(blue) this car is awesome i have nothing negative to say about it... but then again i have only had it for 2 days.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
litesong
Rookie

Originally Posted by ericemery
keep it at the speed limit and your MPG's will be nice and close to 30...
On the road & feather footed, you can get 35+MPG on the Caliber. Some people report 37 & 38. One fellow said he got 40MPG. I got 35.6MPG with some altitude gain.

As for my wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent, I got as high as 45MPH. Also, I gave my '88 Ford Festiva some new sparkplug wires & timing belt & I'm getting 50+MPG like in its younger days! Unlike the younger days, Festiva 50+MPG came over a 3 day period with 3 warmups & with a BIG altitude change, 5500 feet from sea level over Chinook Pass east of Mt. Rainier! Incredible! Needless to say, I'm driving my Festiva more.

Last edited by litesong; 08-07-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you all think of your caliber?