Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Dodger_sxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber sxt that I bought used in June. a while back we had some electrical issues setting off dash lights and key fobs not working. we had those problems "fixed" and everything was fine .... until now.

On occasion the doors wil not unlock with the key fob and we cannot unlock the doors until the fob works. If we unlock the doors manually then the alarm will go off and i cannot start the car to turn off the alarm until the fob works...

as well the airbag light comes on with a chime then goes right off, then does it over and over...

Is it an electrical problem with the fobs receiver or do i simply need a new fob??

please HELP!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodger_sxt
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber sxt that I bought used in June. a while back we had some electrical issues setting off dash lights and key fobs not working. we had those problems "fixed" and everything was fine .... until now.

On occasion the doors wil not unlock with the key fob and we cannot unlock the doors until the fob works. If we unlock the doors manually then the alarm will go off and i cannot start the car to turn off the alarm until the fob works...

as well the airbag light comes on with a chime then goes right off, then does it over and over...

Is it an electrical problem with the fobs receiver or do i simply need a new fob??

please HELP!

Dodger,

Were the previous repairs completed at a Dodge dealer and do you know what repairs were done? Are the issues you are experiencing now, the same as the issues you were having previously?

It's hard to determine if it is just the key that needs to be replaced or if there is another electrical issue that is causing your concerns. I would recommend reviewing with the previous repair facility with the repairs that were completed, and speaking with a Dodge dealer, as they have the most up to date diagnostic equipment.

I'm sorry to hear about your current concerns, if there is any additional assistance that you need feel free to PM me.