Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

replaced engine @160k. now AC trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
gholt71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced engine @160k. now AC trouble

I just put an engine in my 07 Caliber. Now my ac is not working, compressor not kicking in. I did not disconnect AC lines just unbolted compressor and moved it out of the way. I want to check/test the electrical connections but I don't know where the AC pressure switch is located. It doesn't appear to be on the accumulator, where I thought it would be. Can someone direct me where to look for it? Or maybe I should start with checking the charge.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM
tryduck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you Reconnect the connector going to clutch head?It would have needed disconnected/removed due to it being in the engine wire loom(thinking you dropped in used engine out of donor vehicle with everything on engine)Did you check to see if its in fact calling for AC as in supply voltage is energizing clutch?Checked Fuses/Relay is calling for AC?Made sure you reattached all grounding to engine/tranny as it may use it.
Would DL the service manual in DL section and it will help with Dia testing climate controls and so forth.
Hi and low PSI will be located on respected lines.Condenser and Receiver dryer is where they maybe,not sure as its to dark to locate for you now on my 07 AWD
The CAN bus is integrated into A/C , if you left outside temp sensor unplugged it could also cause no ac....

Last edited by tryduck; 02-28-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: replaced engine @160k. now AC trouble