Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

07 Brake Chime Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Laughlin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Brake Chime Problem

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have an 07 Caliber SXT Sport manual trans. When I press down the brake pedal I hear a chime or ding sound coming from the left side of the dash. When I turn the right blinker on and then apply the brake I hear the sound and then the blinker blinks fast. The blinker doesn't stop blinking fast until I turn it off. Then I can turn it on and it blinks normal until I apply the brakes. When it blinks fast the blinker light, brake light, back up light and running light on the right rear all blink in sequence. There's no problem on the left side, the head lights or fog lights. I've checked the fuses, replaced the bulbs, replaced the brake switch, traced and inspected wires/grounds and checked the PCM for codes with my OBDll scan tool for which there was none. I would appreciate any help this.
Thank You!

Old 05-20-2017, 02:40 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The ding may be a bulb outage warning.

Are ALL the exterior bulbs WORKING?

Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Laughlin

Yes, they all work. I replaced them all just in case that was the problem.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Laughlin
Yes, they all work. I replaced them all just in case that was the problem.

I would have to see a scan report then. Look at the data and see the reason for the chime. The brake signal is bussed out to the modules and they act accordingly. No way to tell you from here why the malfunction.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Laughlin

Problem solved! It was a problem with the TIPM module. A poor design with a lot of defects on most Chrysler products. I simply cut the grounds on the 3 light sockets on the right rear, spliced them together to one bigger wire, drilled a hole behind the light, attached the wire to a bolt, screwed it in and problem solved. Like new! Someone I met had a similar problem with his front left lights and horn on his Charger. The ground cut and splice worked for him.