Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

High Whirlling Noise Coming From Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:25 PM
brigida46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Whirlling Noise Coming From Engine

Ok, I need to pick the brains of the Mechanics here on the Forum. I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT, 71,900 miles on it. I am the original owner and have always maintained the vehicle. I have had no major problems with it until recently. The problem being I have a High Pitched Whirling Noise coming from the engine area and it sounds like my car is a diesel. I have no check engine lights on or any other warning lights on. This started about 2 weeks ago. I just had it in for a Oil change and Tire Rotation at my local Firestone Autocare Center, where I always take it. They checked the entire car over and found nothing wrong except for the noise coming from the engine and tranny area, the Tech there state he suspects it is my Torque Converter. So can anyone here tell me what to look for, I am going to call the dealership in the morning to make an appointment to take it in. I do have the Life Time Powertrain Warranty on the Vehicle. Please Help.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:13 AM
brigida46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let all know here my caliber is fixed and running like new again. Took it to the dealership for them to look at, they checked it over found the Alternator to be bad and the Belt Tensioner Bad. Replaced both and New Serpentine Belt. Belt Tensioner was under the Power Train Warranty so that was done at no cost to me, however the Alternator and the Belt with labor cost me $625. Ouch!!!! Only good thing about it is I did get a Loaner Car for three days at no charge to me as they did not have parts in stock and had to order in.

Quick Reply: High Whirlling Noise Coming From Engine