Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2011 dodge caliber cranks and trys to start but won't keep running

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:04 PM
James A McKnight
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 dodge caliber cranks and trys to start but won't keep running

My wife left in the morning/
afternoon to go to school. She got about 2 miles up the road and the car died. It popped the )⚡( dash light and she coasted to a stop in a field. It would turn over but not start. I changed the throttle body and reset the codes. Still the same thing no codes. Looking online it said a common problem could be the ckps so I changed that. That caused it to pop the code for the ckps so I reset it again. I also changed all the spark plugs at this time and checked to make sure I had fule going to the injectors. I did. I turned it over again and checked for codes again and nothing. Sill will only turn over but not fire. So last night I tried the +/- battery cables together to reset it over night and left the coils and plugs to the side to make sure they were fully dry and the holes were dry. This should rule out those issues. I broke a boot off the coil when removing it so I replaced that.i have spark on all plugs, I have pressure comming out at 60psi from the fuel pump. It now cranks and trys to start will sometimes start but runs for a second or two then dies. I will try to get a video uploaded soon. I need any ideas. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2011 dodge caliber cranks and trys to start but won't keep running