Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2007 Caliber: Need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:23 PM
WVHistorian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Caliber: Need suggestions

Hi crew, Daughter drives 2007 Caliber. Her battery light is on. Check of battery/alternator and was told by mechanic there were no issues, but since the battery was 4 years old, I had her change it. Light went out for about a week then came back on. Driving up the interstate the other day in a horrific rain and her transmission temperature light came on--she pulled off at the nearest exit, and there happened to be an AutoZone. They hooked her up to their OBD and got NO codes, which they admitted was strange, but they felt it was ok to bring home. Took it to our mechanic and was told "it was a huge rain that day so it may have gotten wet" and then he said there was no issue.

We began to get nervous and ordered an OBD reader of our own. Before it arrived, she drove directly across the street and up the neighbor's hill where the car died suddenly in the driveway. It immediately started again, and she brought it back to the driveway where it has been sitting ever since (about a week) while we awaited our OBD delivery. She did say her oil light flashed on briefly as it died.

Our OBD reader came today and she checked it getting P0522 as the only code. In reading these posts on P0522, it seems it's an oil sensor. The OBD didn't come up with any codes battery related, although the light was on when she tested it. No oil lights have been on at all other than the moment it died. It went out and never came back on although she's turned it on in the driveway three times, and backed it up once while we mowed. We're afraid to take it back onto the highway fearing engine damage. I just came in from looking at her dipstick, though, and the oil is above the level it should be. It's not black, it's not foamy, nor does it have any odd scents. However, I fear this is an issue.

I'm not a mechanic, although my father was so I know "a little bit" (just enough to get very nervous). Please dumb this down for me. .

So, anyone got an idea what's up????

Quick Reply: 2007 Caliber: Need suggestions