Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:35 PM
TheRobster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel question

I just recently got my 2008 Caliber with 17 inch wheels.
Problem is it came with very good snow tires on it. Obviously I will want to replace these shortly. Also I will not want to pay yo have the mounted and balance twice a year.

I am wondering a few things:
Were these wheels used on any other vehicles. (Not a lot of Calibers around here.)
These wheels have pressure sensors, is it difficult to sync the sensors on different wheels.
I saw another Caliber with their wheels painted black, I thought it looked good, is it hard to do? Any problems with doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You can visit here to research the various size wheels that came on Calibers and then research other vehicle wheels to find out what will fit:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/dodge/caliber/2008/

Tire store should be able to sync the pressure sensors or install new ones to match your vehicle.

Plastidip yours black. Easy to do. Plenty of videos on you tube. If you like it, peel the plastidip off and have them professionally powder coated.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:38 PM
TheRobster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information.
I was more asking if there was a way to sync the tire pressure sensors WITHOUT going to a tire store.
If I have to pay them twice a year it eats into my savings.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:45 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You can try and see if they will relearn on their own, otherwise you need a special tool. Verify the tire pressures are at the rated psi. Set the pressures with the key on and the learning will go much quicker. Then drive the vehicle about 10 to 15 minutes at above 15 mph. This should reset all the sensors. If the light is flashing, there is a problem and you will need to go to a tire shop or buy yourself a relearn tool, which are not cheap. Vehicles require money to maintain.

Quick Reply: Wheel question