Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

How many techs to change a lightbulb?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
canoenut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many techs to change a lightbulb?

As I was ordering my car, I asked the service manager and sales rep if it would be possible to change a headlight(or front bulbs) by myself. They looked at the engine bay and scratched their heads. The owner's manual says "See your Authorized Dealer for replacement". DCX's new car and Customer service lines could not help. I hope that this is not a huge problem.[sm=feedback.gif]

The reason for this question is this quote on the Car Connection site:
Q--Since when is changing a headlight bulb a major job? The dealer claims the front bumper has to be taken off of my Nissan Maxima to replace the headlight (bulb) at a cost of $250. I have checked with local repair shops and they have no experience to date so they couldn't confirm that the bumper has to be taken off to replace the bulb. I can't believe a manufacturer would engineer a car in such a manner. Can you confirm that the bumper has to be removed to replace the bulb?
A--I couldn't believe it either, so I contacted Nissan. The bad news is that the price you were quoted is probably about right, depending on local labor rates. As you probably know, carmakers must strike a balance between manufacturing, service, recyclability, cost, and so on. Obviously, serviceability got the short end of the stick this time. All I can say is that smart automobile manufacturers listen to their customers.

Quick Reply: How many techs to change a lightbulb?