Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

The Dodge Caliber...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Dodge Caliber...

ITs what happens when a dakota, and a beached whale mate. 2 door wouldnt be so bad, but I doubt it will hapen since DCX hasnt made a coupe except for in the Viper and upcoming Challenger in years since 94.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:14 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what you're saying is that you don't like the Dakotas? I see how you are...

Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

lol no I like the Dakota, I dont like what happens when the Dakota and a beeched whale mate

Old 03-27-2006, 09:07 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

The shape reminds me of a jacked up Ponticrack Vibe. My opinion on it is what a waste of time to design.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

SRT is s'posed to be out dec....jan....??? Something like that maybe spring time.....

But 300 HP is what I would get that for.....The good thing about these cars is that it doesnt lose sport compact size but gets a lot more ROOM. So if you have a family and want a fun Grocerygetter-type utility compact/gas saver then I guess this is it.....And besides how many VIBES and Matrixes put out 300 HP? Or have turbodiesels? Or have refridgerators? LOL

Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

While the 300hp srt-4 motor would be cool to have.....its still a year away.....and the AWD on the R/T is cool as well.

That said.... it still looks like a Ford Focus with a Dodge Magnum styled front and rear on it. Go take a look. The lines are very similar, the styling is also similar.

It's a **** poor attempt at stealing a design.

As for offering more room, yeah, it does offer more room. However, did Dodge really need ANOTHER 4-5dr vehicle? What is it with people and these 4 and 5 door vehicles? Not EVERYONE wants that. As it stands right now, I wouldnt be buying another DC vehicle outside of a truck....because of the lack of 2dr vehicles. The Viper/Crossfire are not only ridiculously priced, but the Crossfire is so damn little I'd be better off in a Neon. What else does DC have? Nothing.....at all. And before you comment, I know the Challenger is coming...but lets hold off until it actually gets here....

Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 PM
VulnoX
Professional

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

While the 300hp srt-4 motor would be cool to have.....its still a year away.....and the AWD on the R/T is cool as well.

That said.... it still looks like a Ford Focus with a Dodge Magnum styled front and rear on it. Go take a look. The lines are very similar, the styling is also similar.

It's a **** poor attempt at stealing a design.

As for offering more room, yeah, it does offer more room. However, did Dodge really need ANOTHER 4-5dr vehicle? What is it with people and these 4 and 5 door vehicles? Not EVERYONE wants that. As it stands right now, I wouldnt be buying another DC vehicle outside of a truck....because of the lack of 2dr vehicles. The Viper/Crossfire are not only ridiculously priced, but the Crossfire is so damn little I'd be better off in a Neon. What else does DC have? Nothing.....at all. And before you comment, I know the Challenger is coming...but lets hold off until it actually gets here....
I have not noticed the styling comparisons you say between the Focus/Magnum/etc. I think the car is a bit closer to a Vibe in the center, the front and rear I think to be pretty unique, but maybe if I got them side by side it would be different.

As for your problem with the lack of 2-dr vehicles, that is the first geniuine complaint about Chrysler dropping the Neon that I could agree with. I dont care about having a 2-dr car personally, I find a 4-dr way to useful for me (I am taking books in and out of my vehicles in the backseat constantly while at college, and moving friends around is easier).

But that is for my uses, and I know a lot of people that would rather have a two door, and I never thought about how Chrysler would be lacking a two door car now.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Heres a litttle side by side with the magnum to see the subtle design cues...

[IMG]local://upfiles/24091/E2F9378152CD489C8A6F3A98F596FED3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

So basically, knowing DC, the Caliber is built on the Neon chasis, like the PT Cruiser.

When my "soon-to-be ex-wife" and I took a 350Z for a test drive, the interior reminded me of the inside of a VW bug with all of it's plastic. It didn't even have a lot of storage space on the inside. That sucked. Still, it's a nice car.

Are they going to make the Caliber into a SRT series also? That would be an interesting looking.... uh, SUV?
The Caliber is on the next generation Mitsubishi Lancer platform and it is in now way an SUV. It's a small hatchback... Would you call a Ford Focus an SUV?

Old 03-28-2006, 02:09 AM
whoosh
Champion

Let me answer that for you..

F-ck. No.

Quick Reply: The Dodge Caliber...