Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

I'm Sold!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
2004sxt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Sold!

I've been skeptical about the caliber since the beginning but I just got done with a test drive and I have to say it was surprisingly INCREDIBLE! F**k all the people that say that the interior is "cheap looking" because to me it was perfectly balanced and seemed very tough and durable. To me it was similar to the VW Jetta but with that Dodge feel. I loved the way I felt when I sat in it. I loved the way the engine revved when I floored it. I love how wide and roomy it felt without making you feel like the car was dominating you. The interior felt like it wrapped around my body while I was driving it. It's spacey and high enough off the ground to be considered comfy, while being low enough to not be a chore to get into. All in all the caliber IS going to be my next automobile bar none and I really encourage anyone out there that is skeptical or iffy about it to give it a test, I guarantee you'll love it too.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
whoosh
Champion
Default RE: I'm Sold!

Yay! We have converted one of their number! Hehe..I'm glad you liked it dude.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
VulnoX
Professional

ORIGINAL: 2004sxt

I've been skeptical about the caliber since the beginning but I just got done with a test drive and I have to say it was surprisingly INCREDIBLE! F**k all the people that say that the interior is "cheap looking" because to me it was perfectly balanced and seemed very tough and durable. To me it was similar to the VW Jetta but with that Dodge feel. I loved the way I felt when I sat in it. I loved the way the engine revved when I floored it. I love how wide and roomy it felt without making you feel like the car was dominating you. The interior felt like it wrapped around my body while I was driving it. It's spacey and high enough off the ground to be considered comfy, while being low enough to not be a chore to get into. All in all the caliber IS going to be my next automobile bar none and I really encourage anyone out there that is skeptical or iffy about it to give it a test, I guarantee you'll love it too.
I am glad you like it!

I find mine to be better everyday. The engine and trans have a very long break in time. But one they start to loosen up, its like a whole new car. I think all the dealerships should put at least 600 miles on the car before making it a test drive vehicle. Not practical, but its the only real way to experience the car.

When I first got it, even through the first 300 miles, the performance was kind of low compared to other vehicles. But now the thing is a beast. I have about 900 miles on it and its crazy fast. Its still slow off the line, but I blame the CVT for that. But any acceleration you do over 20 MPH is amazing. I am willing to bet my car would wipe the floor with any Neon up to the SRT, because if the Neon had this kind of acceleration it would have sold a lot better.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:48 AM
whoosh
Champion

I know that the initial acceleration is because of (I think) a torque converter that drives it until you get up to speed. It was explained somewhere..I forget where though.

Quick Reply: I'm Sold!