Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Interior Room

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Room

I was down at the Dodge dealership today to let my car get a lookover....and I seen a couple of Calibers on the lot. So while I was waiting for my ride, I decided to take and inspect one. The pictures we've seen of it are pretty close in the outside aspect, but the interior was a lot better looking. Much cleaner and lots less plasticky looking compared to some we've seen.

My major gripe is the interior room. This thing feels/looks alot smaller then the Neon. The dash sits really low on your legs...and the shifter column is ridiculously placed. I couldnt get comfy at all. I kept banging my knees on the dash and I had the seat all the way back.

I'm a lil over 6'2" but I wear a size 16 shoe. This car wasnt something I could drive on a daily basis and be comfortable. My roommate's Neon while a similar size, felt like it had better leg room.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm almost positive my problems stem from my height/shoe size, but I was curious if anyone else had similar problems or issues with the interior space?

Old 04-06-2006, 06:19 PM
VulnoX
Professional
Default RE: Interior Room

I am 6'3" and have as good of leg room in this as I had in my Explorer. So I dont believe leg room is a factor. My girlfriend is 5'11" and she things the pass. side has a ton of leg room, and last night we had a friend who sat in the back seat who is not really tall, but he is... wider... a very big guy, and he was more than comfortable in the back seat.

I dont have size 16 shoes, I wear 13, 14 sometimes. I dont find it to be a problem at all, I never bang my knees, only complaint I have in the space department is that I like to have the seat up high because I am used to being in so many trucks/SUV's, and I feel my head on occasion touch the roof. It does not help that the headliner is a bit lower because I got a sunroof.

Other than that, no, I believe the Caliber has a lot of room on the interior and is very comfortable, that is actually part of why I got it because I am so tall, and so is the rest of my family. We had me, my girlfriend, my dad, and my grandpa, all tall people, in the car at once and were comfortable.

So I say on that respect, I would have to disagree, I find the car to be good for height, especially up front.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
RiCEADDiCTBOY

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I was down at the Dodge dealership today to let my car get a lookover....and I seen a couple of Calibers on the lot. So while I was waiting for my ride, I decided to take and inspect one. The pictures we've seen of it are pretty close in the outside aspect, but the interior was a lot better looking. Much cleaner and lots less plasticky looking compared to some we've seen.

My major gripe is the interior room. This thing feels/looks alot smaller then the Neon. The dash sits really low on your legs...and the shifter column is ridiculously placed. I couldnt get comfy at all. I kept banging my knees on the dash and I had the seat all the way back.

I'm a lil over 6'2" but I wear a size 16 shoe. This car wasnt something I could drive on a daily basis and be comfortable. My roommate's Neon while a similar size, felt like it had better leg room.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm almost positive my problems stem from my height/shoe size, but I was curious if anyone else had similar problems or issues with the interior space?
i'm 6'0....and i wear a size 11 shoe....and it was more than adequate for myself...and my wife said it was very roomy in the back.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
whoosh
Champion

6'0" Fine for me, I sat in it at the Autoshow.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hello all....
DevilsReject, Interested in your question/comment, I have never heard a complaint regrading there being no room in the Dodge Caliber, however did notice the front leg room in the 2007 Dodge Caliber is 41.8 inches...and the front leg room in a 2005 Dodge Neon is 42.2 inches...there is a slight difference

Kelly S

Old 04-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

.4 inches Derrick???

Old 04-09-2006, 02:11 AM
whoosh
Champion

Haha...maybe the seat was adjusted too high? Or not back all the way?

0.4" Doesn't seem like that big of a deal..

Quick Reply: Interior Room