Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

ANOTHER 5spd. Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
MIMJoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER 5spd. Question!!!

Just getting ready to purchase a Caliber, but I cannot find a 5spd anywhere!!! Does anyone have an acurate ETA on these cars? I am looking at the SXT model and I am ready to buy!

Thanks and great forum guys!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Default RE: ANOTHER 5spd. Question!!!

Usually dealers don't like to stock regular consumer vehicles with 5-speed manuals because they're a hard sell to most people. This is more than likely the reason why you don't see any. A manual transmission is a large turn off to many people who don't know how to drive them. I don't think I've seen any Calibers at all since they've been shipping around here with 5-speed manuals on any dealer lot.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:02 AM
mistermario
Default RE: ANOTHER 5spd. Question!!!

When I purchased mine two weeks ago I had no problem finding a 5 speed each lot had several. It was a little harder to find a 5 speed in an SXT. If it was an SXT most of them put in the automatic in it. I ended up driving two hours to get the one I wanted in the color I wanted. It was the closest I could find to what I wanted without ordering one. Check with your local dealer they may be able to DX one from another dealer for you. My dealer was able to find 3 within 20 miles they were just the wrong colors.

BTW if you like orange they have 2 at Capistrano Chrysler Jeep Dodge that are 5 speeds.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER 5spd. Question!!!