Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Knocking when turning left?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
jamdon24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking when turning left?

Have a new Caliber 5-speed SXT with less than 1000 miles on it. If I make a fairly aggresive left hand turn, it makes a horrible knocking sound like a cv joint going bad?? Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain
Default RE: Knocking when turning left?

Never heard that one before. Take it back and have it looked at.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
patakadad
Default RE: Knocking when turning left?

Here's my two cents worth (for a $$). The Caliber is not blessed with a variable transmission as far as I can determine. What these trannies do is allow each of the drive wheels to turn to suit their turning radious (or some like description). [Each wheel turns a the same rate no matter where they are pointed] In your case I believe because of the 'aggressive left turning' you are putting strain on the CV and the noise you hear may be just that or the tire jumping on the road surface. You will notice it most on dirt road surfaces where you will detect unwanted dirt throwing and tire grabbing when making turns too sharply. If this is not the case in your situation, then a trip to the doc may be in order.

Quick Reply: Knocking when turning left?