Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 12:41 AM
ImeldaGuiyab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravan power door lock not working

To all of you who have problem on power lock not working issue on caravan, POWER LOCK CAN BE FIXED with simple, just connect extra cable from negative (-) battery to any body part ground of your van.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:43 PM
jglen490

If you have grounding issues on your van, you have will much more than the issues the OP described. And for the OP's specific problem, it's all about the BCM.

If your battery ground is bad, simply replace the cable and make sure the new cable makes contact with a clean, rust-free connection. You don't need two ground connections at the battery.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 AM
eksharp8

jglen490, I agree, I find it very hard to believe that adding another ground is going to solve the problem. I can't test it however since I now have a 2013 Grand Caravan......

Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
jglen490

O.K., and congrats on the new acquisition!!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM
brodek
Unhappy

I had a body ground problem that gave fits on a number issues including the gauges and other dash concerns. However, proved to be unrelated to the door lock issue. The way this problem can come and go it may be a coincidence if it seemed to fix it.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:22 PM
DJW000
Default Bulletin Number???

Hello All...

Like everyone else who owns a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT, I too have been dealing with the power door lock failure issue since I've owned it. I have seen it posted where there is a fix for this by means of a Flash Update for the BCM. The only thing about this is that it seems everyone knows about this common problem but the Dodge dealers. Just today, I visited 3 that had no idea of what I was talking about and after telling the to search Dealer Connect for "Door Locks" they came up with nothing! I just went to a 4th Dodge dealer and after a half-hour they found bulletin #08-028-05
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/vi..._08-028-05.pdf
which refers to a problem with the BCM regarding the remote key entry (RKE) failure of the power door locks, a malfunction to the interior lamps (MIL) and PCI Internal Fault DTC in the BCM. Am I safe in assuming that this is the procedure everyone is talking about???

Quick Reply: 2005 Caravan SXT power door lock problem