Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Aftermarket DVD entertainment system (on Grand Caravan SXT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM
manntis
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccwicks
I added the OEM Rail System Video system and it rocks!!! This allowed me to maintain the A/C controls and now have added storage through the movable / removable compartments that match the video screen. Wiring was easy - I added the OEM 6 DVD player which connects easily to the radio and then connects viaa long wire under the dash, up the passenger side pillar, through the roof liner and connects to the video screen. Works and looks great. I suggest either the rail system setup (tricky as you have to make some cuts into the liner) or just the stock video screen which would be the same wiring install but easier to mount. In my other car, Ford Expedition, I put in an aftermarket with a huge screen and it's not integrated with the other components, the DVD player is under the seat and a pain to use, etc. Stock works best.
Yup, I'm resurrecting this thread - I know, I know...

However, I'm very interested in installing the overhead rail system after the fact. Does anyone have more info on this? Best place to buy the complete system? How does it mount into the headliner? etc. etc.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket DVD entertainment system (on Grand Caravan SXT)