Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Speed Sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 PM
gerbonium
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor location

Well im having the limp mode and speedometer problems with our 96 town and country. 3.8L 4 spd. Everyone says to replace input and output speed sensors, but as far as i can tell there is only one (thats looking at autoparts stores and looking around online) I got this from Kragen and cant find where it goes. Ive removed the battery and airbox for easy access, but I cant find where it goes.

Any help is much appreciated, especially pictures or diagrams

thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 AM
gerbonium
Default RE: Speed Sensor location

nevermind i figured it out. any tips on getting the input one (one closest to the engine)? theres the two tubes on top that do not want to come out to get out of the way. I dont have a 1 inch socket but ill getone tomorrow to try that

Old 06-28-2007, 01:56 AM
caravan99
Rookie
Default RE: Speed Sensor location

As I saw in the Picture 8.7 on page 7-6 of Haynes Repair Manual (mini-vans from 96 to 02) ....

On the Transaxle left side of 4-speed tranni model 41TE, there is 2 sensors.

One is between two water niples neer the Tranni Fluid stick (Input Turbine Speed Sensor). and the other is on the right side of the tranni manual valve lever (Output Speed Sensor).

I hope it helps you!!
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Speed Sensor location