Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Rear Vent window motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
superk13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Vent window motors

I am looking for some help with replacing my rear vent window motors on my 96 grand caravan LE. I tried to lube and clean them as suggested in one of the posts here but wound up breaking one that was frozen. Beside they are sealed units. Does anyone have any idea where I can get both left and right side replacement parts along with instructions on how to switch them out.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:49 PM
wcroyal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear Vent window motors

The dealer is the only place I found, and I've had to replace both L & R side motors on my '97 T&C. I think I was able to get them each for about $75 by asking for wholesale pricing. You can also try Tenafly Jeep in NJ; I think they offer 30% off retail if you order off the web.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
pershingd
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rear Vent window motors

Have you tried a salvage yard? Unless they are drastically different than the ones in my 2000 GV they should be easy enough to remove and replace.

I had to replace the left rear quarter glass and only had to pop a few panels loose and there it was. Two bolts, a wiring harness, and unscrewing the mount from glass and it was free.

David

Quick Reply: Rear Vent window motors