Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

02/Dodge Grand Caravan trans oil pan/solenoid valve leaking at 37,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Terrmac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02/Dodge Grand Caravan trans oil pan/solenoid valve leaking at 37,000 miles

Dealer tells me that my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan/37000 miles has a leaking transmission gasket and the tramission solenoid pack is leaking. Wants $500.00 to fix.Is this common and why is it not covered by warranty

Thanks

Old 11-04-2004, 02:06 AM
HEMI ?
Rookie
Default RE: 02/Dodge Grand Caravan trans oil pan/solenoid valve leaking at 37,000 miles

just to let you know it is common and as for the reason why i could not tell you are you on good terms with the dealer(go their often for oil changes and stuff like that). I know for a fact that the dealers can and will fix these things even after warranty is up for cars that are just out of warranty. Try the customer complaint line and when you speak to them be nice it helps trust me.
Also you might want to try and call another dealership and ask tell them you are just out on miles and you know the problem is the solonoid pack leaking they know of it you may get help from them they love trying to get new customers.

good luck

Old 11-28-2004, 10:17 PM
aberhammer
Default RE: 02/Dodge Grand Caravan trans oil pan/solenoid valve leaking at 37,000 miles

DEalers call this genorosity a "goodwill" . Or that is at least what we call it here.Being nice when you complain ALWAYS helps.You will get absolutely nothing when you are being a bully.Also,make sure you bought the van at the same dealership where you are asking to have the goodwill done.

Quick Reply: 02/Dodge Grand Caravan trans oil pan/solenoid valve leaking at 37,000 miles