Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Neon Bright
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start

I hope I put this in the right forum, sorry if I didn't. We just recently purchased a 2000 Caravan and noticed that it had the antenna for remote start. We weren't given the key fob and when we asked the dealership they said it wasn't given to them. Everything is there but we can't get any info as to which model it actually is, all we have is a model AS-1204 but searching for it as given us no leads. Is it possible to just remove the "brain" and replace it with a new one?, will it just plug together like this one did?. Thanks in advance to any responses.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Remote start

its an aftermarket system chrysler did not make them for 2000 minivans they were not made untill 04 came out with IPM and TIPM systems in there.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Neon Bright

I had taken it to a Chrysler dealership today (not where we bought it) and were told the same thing, my main question is if I was to go and buy another one, would it all plug right into place that the old was in, it is an aftermarket one but it's a 2000 model and had no name on it

Old 06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

how do u plan on doing that if u dont even know who made it? if u get some one elses they will not match up on plugs and sensors and such

Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Neon Bright

Well, that's kinda why I was asking, I don't know anything about them and I don't pretend I do, what I do know is there are alot of manufacturers that make remote starters and my question was, would it be possible to just replace the "brain" rather than rewiring everything.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Goofy173
Rookie

Look under the dash near the fuse block for a black box that isn't mounted like the factory would have. Or follow the antenna to the box. It should show the manufacturer. Then you can go from there.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 PM
next2pool
Professional

Just a bit of a caution--a lot of stuff in these vans is controlled by the body computer and you need to be sure that whatever system you decide to go with will interface with the body computer rather than the old relay or direct wire type. Most new cars use multiplexing and body computers so such systems are available. My experience has been that there are just a few manufacturers selling under many brand names. Sometimes they don't put thier name on it at all since they sell through dealers exclusively.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 PM
next2pool
Professional

It looks like this is made by "Securelock" and caters primarily to the dealer network. Many dealers offered these as incentives. If you google the model number and the word "remote" you will find some information.

Quick Reply: Remote start