Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Engine misfiring only when hot

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 06:21 PM
keemhonk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine misfiring only when hot

Sorry, I could find any help with chrysler, I thought Dodge and Chrysler have similar engine. I need help, my Chrysler 97 TownandCountry, 3.8, always misfiring when the engine hot, first gave me faulty camshaft sensor and misfiring code using ODBII. Replaced camshaft and crankshaft sensor, now only misfiring code occurs but the misfiring still happen. Took it to Dealer and stayed over a week, they said it's wiring harness by the traniny had a hole causing a close contact w/ ground, they put a patch, but problem still occurs. I took it back to Dealer, they still could not find what causing the misfiring after another week at the shop, reason: the techinician too busy working on other cars, very dissaponting. Bad experience at Cerritos Chrysler in Los Angeles. I had BOSCH platinum spark plugs replaced beforehand, could this the problem too? when it's cold engine is running smooth. Pls. help...thanks

Old 11-04-2004, 05:10 PM
SPs 77 Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine misfiring only when hot

It could be your coil. when it get's hot the primary wiring and the secondary are expanded and causing a miss fire. I had this happen on a old 318 once.

Quick Reply: Engine misfiring only when hot