Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

RB-1 Navigation Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:08 PM
cbriggs3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB-1 Navigation Installation

I am installing my new RB-1 nav in my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. The question I have is where should I install the GPS antenna? On the JEEP website that shows installation, they installed it in back of the gauges as close to the top of the dash as possible. Are there any good locations in the caravans, a little easier than disassembling the entire dash? Thanks in advance.

Chris Briggs

Old 10-30-2004, 08:49 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RB-1 Navigation Installation

On the bottom of the dash pad itself (you should be able to see a spot the bezel removed from around the radio). It is not that crucial to have it where DCX says it should go, I have had to move some from where they want to where it gets a better signal. If you go into information, it will have anarea that shows how many "bars" of reception you have. I think there are 8 total, you want at least 4 showing. The closer to the top of the dash pad you get it the better.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:39 PM
cbriggs3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RB-1 Navigation Installation

Thanks for the information. I went ahead and installed it. Every now and then, I have 8 bars, but for the most part while driving I have 7. Thanks for all the help, installation was a breeze and took less than 45 minutes to install it, and have the initial GPS fix done.

Quick Reply: RB-1 Navigation Installation