Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Caravan SE

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 12:53 AM
kenn209
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Caravan SE

If anyone can shed some light on an electrical problem with our 2000 Caravan, I would appreciate it.</P>

When we start the van after it hasn't run for a long time (overnight or a few hours shopping) when you turn the key to the start the van it clicks and turnsover real slow and eventullay starts. Sometime the speedometer and the tach don't work, and sometimes the ABS light will come on and stay on. After it warms and you come back to the van start it it works fine.....wierd. THe clicking noise in the dash leads me to think that there is a short somewhere in the ignition switch?? Not sure. I have had people tell me the battery is going, or something is draining the battery. My neightbor says the belt is too loose or needs replacing. </P>

Can anyone else shed some light on this subject. Thanks</P>

</P>

</P>

Old 01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
natasha
Default 2000 Caravan SE

<font size="2" face="Tahoma">Well since it is a 2000 Caravan, and its and electrical
problem, I would take it to the dealer for a check up under warrantee.</font>

Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Sonnyandcher
Default RE: 2000 Caravan SE

Hi...I have a 2003 Grand Caravan Sport and have the same Abs light problem as well. It comes on after a while and stays on for quite awhile and then eventually turns off. Also the Brake light has just recently started to come on as well.

I took it to the dealer today and they say there is no problem and no error codes in the computer.

This problem just started occuring three weeks ago after I had the dealer change the front pads and rotors.

I have 59,600 km and 400km left to the full warranty expires.

Any Ideas what could be wrong ?

Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Sonnyandcher
Default RE: 2000 Caravan SE

Update....Now my TRAC OFF light is coming on and I feel a small tremor in the brake pedal before all these lights come on.

What's my dealer trying to pull on me ? "Nothing wrong with your brakes sir !" Hmmm. ????...I don't think so buddy !

Quick Reply: 2000 Caravan SE