Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

strater going out? and no heat.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 PM
98van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strater going out? and no heat.

recently on our 98 dodge grand caravan 3.3L when you go to strat it it clicks one time sometimes it will strat up try to one or to clicks then strat or it will click about 20 times before it starts. is this the starter or maybe silinoid (sp?) and when i left work last week, i strated it winding noise, and when i shut it off the strat would still be cranking like it froze. it took me about 6 tries for it shut off. what could this be? thanks in advance. im pretty sure it could be the strater.

now with problum 2 this strated last month, the heat wont blow hot but cool, didnt lose any fluid, or anything but when hot the top rad. hose is soft. could the reason be to no heat. be to a sticking thermostat? i dont think its the heater core since we didnt lose any fluid and it isnt over heating. i got a new thermostat and new coolant. could old coolant be the problum as well?

Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM
andyg
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: strater going out? and no heat.

I had the same starter problem and a new starter and solenoidfixed that problem instantly. The heater i do not know for sure it could possibly be the routing doors for the heating/ac system not closing properly.

Quick Reply: strater going out? and no heat.