Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Darkenedhaze25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 front end noise

I bought a 93 dodge grand caravan the other day and when i got it had a spare tire on the passanger side and so i changed it.
and the driver side would mnake a noise every time i hit a bump not when i turn just when i hit a bump of any size..just to be on the right page that would be the strut right...and
if so how do i replace that i just went and bought one...the van i got has 165800 miles is that a lot for these vans?? it runs OK!!!i had to replace the spark plugs and wires they were rusted together... and change the oil
but still it putters... did i take a loss for 700? sorry for all the run ons but in a big hurry lol im not Add lol

Old 10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 93 front end noise

"Bump" noises can also be caused by worn bushings.
It could be a strut but they must be replaced as a set.Both fronts,both rears or all four,never side to side.
You're also a candidate for a shop manual.They cost about $20 at auto parts stores.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
vlmuke
Professional

No 700 is a good deal we just sold our 94 for 900 I would agree with chopper check the sway bar bushings first especially the outer ones located on the control arms they go bad first usually you can buy just those or a whole if you got the time and can afford it replace them all

Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
dg98adams

I did this on my 93, And I am the original owner, 214,000 miles.

The strut mount bushings on top of th strut usually wear before the strut does. I know, i had my struts replaced 9not including the mounts0 and the bumping noise was still there.

There are 2 ways to buy struts.

Complete units or just the basic unit, like I did.

I suggest you get the complete units.

i have to buy the upper mount, and now I have to remove the struts again.

Quick Reply: 93 front end noise